About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Sunday 27 April 2014

Slight change of plans..

Having come off the dock last Friday our initial plan was to make post haste for the Ashby canal in readiness for Grandchild no 4. Plans changed somewhat when we looked on Google maps for the close proximity to Swadlincote.  It appears Branston Water Park is a tad nearer and also very close to Burton Hospital (where Christine will have the baby). So if that all important call comes I will be able to make the dash to look after Josh a bit quicker. Ian has deduced studied Nicholson that it should take no more then two days to reach Branston and as we may have to overstay our welcome, it would be better not to arrive to soon. Baby is due on the 13th May so unless she goes into labour in the next few days, we should make it in time. I only have a few photos of our very pregnant daughter and I loved this one with her brother Colin on our walk to Sawley a few days ago.


My lovely Grandchildren. Josh (Christine and Kev's) Oscar and Oliver (Colin and Iwona's) I would love a granddaughter so I'm keeping everything crossed.

I know Easter has been and gone but these were given to us by our Tenants.
So no more of my wildlife 'And finally's' but I have put a link on my sidebar for you to click on.

No comments:

Blog Archive