About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Wednesday 9 April 2014

And The birds came in two by two.

What a glorious day today. Just right to do the long awaited jobs around our bungalow. With us not leaving for Trent Lock and Kingfishers dry dock to black FP's bottom until next Thursday, Ian been getting down and dirty by clearing the gutters of a mountain of ash seeds, leaves and moss while I have been treating the pergola with wood preserve and getting more over me then on the wood! Deciding on a break after lunch I took Woofit out along the canal to the river. During my walk I took these photos.

Nb Perch in the background
Is that me mum?

I'm listening
A reluctant mum leaving the nest
Bit of house work




 


Two herons flew by

And the buzzard pair overhead


 Isn't spring wonderful. A Robin is also building its nest in our Yucca plant. So far no photos of it carrying the nesting materials but I'm going to keep trying.

No comments:

Blog Archive