About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Good one day, bad the next.

Just when I thought I was getting better I was up and down several times during the night with crippling pains in my lower abdomen. Seems I just cant shake off this Diverticulitis. The antibiotics are all finished so all I can do now is to go back to clear liquids, white bread and rice. This is definitely starting to worry me as we have only 9 days to go before we leave on our cruise and come hell or high water I'm not going to miss that!

So with more rain falling last night and this morning it seems we have yet another storm on it's way.  This time snow and ice has also been in the forecast for the Midlands but thankfully we are free from floods. Watching the news this morning and seeing the floods all along the Thames makes me realise how lucky we are. All those people who can only watch in horror as the water engulfs their property. It must be so demoralising for them. Sometimes, no matter what life throws at us, we must thank our lucky stars that we are at least safe.

On a lighter note I saw the first blue tit inspect the nest box on the opposite side of the basin this afternoon. Might have to save Jades hair for the birds now rather then throw it away.


And with a lull in the atrocious weather this afternoon, took myself and Jade for a gentle walk and found the first Snowdrops and Daffs growing along the hedge bottom.



This chap was pumping water from his flooded garden. A sizable lake had formed in the middle due to a prolonged deluge this morning. At least it's only his garden underwater and not his house!

The flooded garden

And finally:-





No comments:

Blog Archive