About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Tuesday 8 October 2013

Stop press...... Grass cutting team inspect length of the grass!

Every day Ian consults the route planner on his laptop. It shows how many miles we need to do and the hours it takes to travel to a given point. Our destination this week is to get to the Saltisford Arm in Warwick by Saturday. This is where we are due to meet Keith & Jo ( Nb Hadar ) for a meal at a Thai restaurant to celebrate Ian's 61st Birthday. It seems that we are ahead of schedule and consequently have stopped earlier then normal. Good news for me as I never seem to get enough of getting out my fishing rod and it gave Ian a good opportunity to change a couple of LED lights that had gone past their sell by date and given up the ghost from the company, Bedazzled. Yes we have moored directly opposite their workshop by bridge 21. Very handy not just for the LED lights but also for fresh eggs sold on the premises.


In all we have only traveled about 9 miles since leaving Blisworth, had one stop in Nether Heyford to get bait for me from the tackle shop and milk and bread from the shop in the village.  We did see some interesting sights on the way especially the grass cutting team sitting down on the job.


From the TV series, The boat that Guy built.

What gives one the idea that it's a bit shallow.
And finally:-






4 comments:

Fred and Lisa. said...

Hi Irene & Ian,
Didn't know about Ian's Birth date being the same as mine but I wish you all the best for Saturday Ian.Please give our best to Keith & Jo off Hadar when you go for your meal.We met them at Alvecote.I don't think I'll be able to match your photo's when I get my new camera Irene.Take care.
Fred & Lisa.

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

If I owned that boat I think I would have changed the name.

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Hi Brian and Diana,

I'm not sure I would. Maybe change the livery but the name is certainly a talking point.

Jo Lodge said...

You are making great progress. We are really looking forward to seeing you both and having our meal out.
Great photographs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Blog Archive