About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Saturday 29 June 2013

Beginning to feel a bit better today although I had another bad night last night. The tablets are slowly starting to do their job, so much so, that I managed a slow walk to Shaklestone railway. Wish I hadnt bothered because only the diesel trains were picking up passengers today and I wanted to see the steam trains. The good news is they will be running tomorrow. Good job too as we are only staying here until Monday!

This weekend was one of the special events that occur throughout the year. Take your teddy and ride for free ( shame it only applies to children )


As the weather was decent Ian started the rubbing down on the back part of the roof. As there wasn't much that I could do to help Ian, out came the rod again. I have finally found a good fishing spot on the Ashby. This tip is for you Nev  (Nb Percy). Moor just past the aqueduct at Shackelstone, rod out no more then 7 feet from the bank, double maggot on size 18 hook and hopefully, like me, you will catch loads of roach, perch and skimmers. This was my biggest fish today.


I may have caught most coarse fish in my time but have never caught any game fish. This fish was lying in the shallows of the river running under the canal by the aqueduct. I think it is a trout but no doubt all you fisherman out there will put me right if I'm wrong.


And finally:-






Pied Wagtail
Tiny baby spider hatchlings

2 comments:

Sue said...

So pleased to hear you are feeling better Irene, take it easy..

Sue

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Thank you Sue. Hopefully by the end of next week I'll be back to my normal self again.
Xxx

Blog Archive