About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Tuesday 30 April 2013

If only I had a brain!

Ian didn't arrive back from hospital until well after 2pm and although he said he felt fine, I was concerned that he might 'over do it' if he continued with the cooker install. Ian is not one to stop and sit still so he continued to tittivate by screwing the legs onto our cupboard infill and readjusting the work top levels. Then I had what I can only describe as a senior moment. As I again wouldn't have a cooker to cook on I told Ian that I would nip to Lidl and get a Lasagne to cook in the microwave and dish that up with a side salad and garlic bread. Off I trots and get the said items. It wasn't until I was on my way back when I suddenly realised that garlic bread need to be cooked in the oven!!!! So its just lasagne and salad then!

Thetford Caprice Mk 111

I mentioned yesterday about being worried about snapping the work top. Now you can see why.





No comments:

Blog Archive