About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Sunday 7 April 2013

And the mist riseth

  Am I glad yesterday is over! Not a day I wish to repeat I can tell you. All day watching mind numbing TV as well as enduring the awful abominable spasms is enough to drive a girl to drink! (not that it takes much). I did have the computer to help me get through the day though, and I had some lovely comments from fellow bloggers after I submitted my post. Thank you to all. Its good to know that help is out there if and when its needed. Ian arrived home just in time to take Jade for her last walk of the night. He said the day had been most enjoyable meeting up with the family that we only see occasionally. Lunch aboard the boat consisted of fish and chips out of a cardboard container, nice but not as hot as he would have liked. Plenty of drink though. In the evening a buffet had been prepared to which he enjoyed immensely. Alan's cake was similar to mine but Ian did say he thought the cake Christine had made for me was better. My only complaint. He never thought to bring me a piece back!


Alan having a go at steering.

Alans cake and standing next to him are 2 of his granddaughters.
This morning I woke early. Ian was still in the land of nod so siddled out of bed, got dressed and took Jade out. As I poked my head out through the hatch, first thing that greeted me was the frost on the seats. Then I noticed the mist rising from the canal, so leaving Jade wondering why I had left her standing on the deck, I went below, inadvertently woke Ian in my haste to get to where I had left my camera, and took these photos.


The outside boat is Pat and Rogers 'The Cats Whiskers'.

Heron standing guard at the entrance of the Erewash canal
I feel as if I have turned a corner this afternoon, I'm feeling more like my old self and even ventured out with Ian to go and do a bit of shopping. If tomorrow I'm still on the mend then we will take a jaunt up the Trent to Sawley to try out the new prop. Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Great photo of the morning mist. Oh, to live on the water,
How glorious :)
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Unknown said...

So glad you're feeling a bit better - sensational photos (as usual).

Blog Archive