About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Woofits playtime


Chemo day for Ian yesterday and for once Ian had his treatment nearly as soon as he arrived at the ward and consequently was back at the boat by 7pm instead of the usual 10pm. As the evening wore on for the first time in days we felt decidedly chilly as the temperature dropped to -5. We woke to ice on the inside of the windows this morning but the sun was out just calling to us to go back to Shipley Park and enjoy the snow. Jo ( Where I Belong ) on Nb Hadar posted some lovely photos of Paddy playing in the snow and it got me motivated to capture Jade enjoying these conditions as well.







Once back at the boat I suddenly remembered I hadn't fed the feral cat. No large prints in the fresh snow this time, thank goodness, so I emptied the bowl of snow and filled it with the Go Cat and Whiskers meat. No sooner had I dropped the cat food in the bowl then a Robin appeared. I still had my camera and took a quick picture of it thieving the cat food. This time of year is hard for all wildlife so to get a bit of a protein fix must be beneficial to keep the body weight up.



7 comments:

KevinTOO said...

That'll be one well fed cat then if the Robin doesn't pinch it all... LOL

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Hi Kevin
Our instructions from the neighbour was to give the cat half a measuring jug with Go Cat and one whole sachet a day! I think the foxes are better fed then the cat!
Xx

KevinTOO said...

The foxes my mum feeds will only eat Felix cat food in pouches and demand a fresh egg for pudding (and they won't eat cheap ones either) LOL

BTW mum says you are more than welcome anytime, just drop me an email for the address and phone number. I can pick you and Ian up too!

Fred and Lisa. said...

Hi both,thanks for the kind words on our blog.We are more than happy to stay with Jan till such times as she can get Jandai safely moored.Things are in hand for that,subject to the weather etc.Everything we need is here and people can visit easily.Great photo's on your blog again,keep them coming.Thanks again and take care,
Fred & Lisa

Lisa said...

Irene you really do take lovely pictures, can I ask what camera you have?
Lisa

Jo Lodge said...

Dear Irene.
So pleased Ian was sorted out early for once.
Thank you for the blog mention. Paddy is normally such a wimp when it comes to getting wet and cold, but he really did enjoy himself and it looks like Jade did as well. Such a shame we are not closer because they could have played out together.

Loving your photos as always.
Hugssss Jo xxxxxxxxxx

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Hello Lisa,
Thank you for your lovely comment. My camera is a Panasonic Lumix FZ48. When I was hunting for a good camera the Lumix had the best reviews of all those I looked at. I have also purchased a telephoto and close up lens. Hope this helps.
Irene

Blog Archive