One thing Julie did mention to Ian, and I feel its good to pass this information on, is that all Julies deisel is treated so by preventing the dreaded deisel bug.
- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
Thursday, 3 May 2012
Julie arrives on Nb Towcester
Last night, just as we had settled down to dinner, there was a knocking on the roof. It was Paul on Nb Kestrel to tell us the diesel boat would be arriving by 8 am today. It never hurts to top up when you have the opportunity so Ian made sure the alarm clock was set good an early. 8am came and went. So did 9am! In the end we had just about decided to fill the boat another day, when Paul arrived saying that Julie Cook on working boat Towcester was dieseling up the boats on the other side of the bridge. Ian donned his wellies (the towpath was like a paddling pool after last nights rain) and made his way to have a chat and ask if she could supply us with coal as well. Eventually Julie arrived. Both Ian and I had been most surprised that it was Jules instead of Gary that turned up today. Usually this is Gary's patch but for quite a while ( so Paul informed us) he had been totally unreliable, giving boaters dates and times when he would arrive and then not turning up. Julie happened to be on her way to Leighton Buzzard a few months ago and was stopped by some of the long term moorers. Julie is not one to tread on anyone toes and if she needs to run through Gary's patch she does so without advertising that she sells diesel and coal, therefore she was very reluctant to help them out. In the end she was persuaded and now does the run regularly. Gary still hasn't showed up although a lady walking the towpath with her dog informed Paul that he would be arriving on Saturday. Paul's comment! 'I don't get let down twice so he can stuff it!
- ► 2017 (231)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (271)
- ► 2014 (301)
- ► 2013 (385)
- Braunston to Long Itchington ( 2 day travel ) Moro...
- Very easy descent on Braunston flight
- Bugbrook to Long Buckby
- BW new jobs description, bullock rescuer
- Corrrr....... What an eyeful!!
- On our way at last!
- Update on the kestrels
- A ferret pays a visit.
- Back from seeing the consultant
- More idiots blocking the towpath
- close encounter with swarming bees
- A procession of Willow Wren boats
- I can not believe the mentality of some people!!!!...
- Shropshire lass comes by
- Peek a Bo with a Kestrel
- Our Polish experience
- We're off to Poland
- Batty pair of tits.
- Julie arrives on Nb Towcester
- Something strange at the window
- The neighbourly deed
- ▼ May (21)
- ► 2011 (250)
- ► 2010 (293)