About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Tuesday 10 April 2012

New camera on trial and day 6 on the dock.

What a difference a day makes. Sun shone and the temperature in the dock rose to 13deg.  I didn't have that much to do today so armed with my NEW camera ( Panasonic Lumix FZ48) and Jade, I set out to see what sort of picture quality my camera could give me. I must say I was very impressed. After finding out how to drive the thing, especially the anti shake button, I got some very good  pictures.


Peek-a-bo.


Shame it's got no head!!!!



I did do some work today. As we still had some of the bitumastic left I went round the water line on the boat for a forth time. It had better be worth it! If by next Easter, when we do it all over again, the blacking is just as bad as this time, I think I will have proved a point.You only need to black the bottom twice! The planks and the poles also needed painting, so that was my next task. Ian on the other hand, painted the gunwale on the starboard side, painted the back counter and made a bracket from thin steel to mount our new horn on the roof.




Margaret cleaning the roof on Nb Icing


I took this photo of Nb The Cats Whiskers, owned by Roger and Pat. It's moored outside the dock, and it shows how good John and Mick,  Kingfishers Dry Dock, are at painting. Roger ordered the shell and the lads finished the boat to a very high standard


The sign writing was done by  Jan Deuchars


No comments:

Blog Archive