About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Tuesday 17 April 2012

The big spring clean.

Its times like these when I cant get it through to people just how time consuming cleaning a boat is. I have a friend pat who keeps asking me to come and stay while Ian is away. She cannot grasp the concept that spring cleaning a boat isn't just a 5 minute job, not if its done properly. All the wardrobe, clothing  draws, kitchen cupboards and utensil draws all have to be sorted, cleaned and then everything put away again. The larder took nearly all day. (I don't know why I call it a larder seeing as only 2 shelves out of the 5 have food on them) Of the other items, I had a plan to get rid of quite a lot, but the thought that, "it might come in useful one day", keeps me from disposing of them. Anyway, bedroom is finished. All bedding changed, walls and ceiling washed and carpet cleaned. Most of the kitchen has been done. I have yet to start on the bathroom but it is the lounge area I'm really not looking forward to. All those books and DVDs to sort and dust. Then there's the fire and tile surround to clean and all while the blooming thing is still lit!! Some warm weather would be appreciated and then I can turn the thing off! So Pat, If your reading this, then you know why I cant come and stay!! On the other hand, you could  always come lend a hand with the cleaning. All those books and DVDs........

 
   

No comments:

Blog Archive