- Ian and Irene Jameison
- In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.
Monday, 27 February 2012
Not the news we wanted to here.
Both of us started the day feeling very positive. You never think the worse might happen but unfortunately for us it did. Ian's appointment at Nottingham City Hospital was for 2.55 pm but when we arrived we were told the wait would be at least another hour. As the only consultant having to deal with all the patients took his time seeing them, the wait got longer and longer. Eventually reinforcements arrived with another Consultant and a Registrar to help out. Not long after we were called in to see Mr Sokal. This consultant and Ian go back a long way. At least 5 years as he dealt with him after the initial operation to remove the lump, as well as the Radiotherapy and then the Chemo in the years to follow. We were then told in the nicest possible way that Ian would have to have further surgery. This will happen sooner rather then later. Mr Sokal estimated this would probably happen within the next six weeks. Our plans for this seasons cruising will now be put on hold so the need to find somewhere for us to moor for a considerable amount of time is now paramount.
- ► 2017 (235)
- ► 2016 (235)
- ► 2015 (271)
- ► 2014 (301)
- ► 2013 (385)
- Day 3. Floor still not finished!.
- Day 2. Still laying floors
- Not the news we wanted to here.
- And so the work begins.
- Looks like we are staying in Blisworth.
- Will the locks be opened on time?
- Bathing makes you dazzling white!
- Onwards to Blisworth
- And I thought there would be nothing to blog about...
- Thumbs up for 'this' volunteer.
- Body found at Foxton
- Hire boat tales.
- Not quite the end to our number plate saga
- Ice nearly gone
- The thieving B++++rds
- Another of our nine 9 lives lost!!! (only 6 left)....
- New Birmingham to London rail link
- Our voting forms at last!
- Bl+++dy Freezing
- Still no sign of the thaw.
- Come on Jade, Jump up.
- Swans landing strip?
- Are they mad!!!
- Amazing what one goes through just to get water!
- After the slight thaw from yesterday, last night's...
- Winter wonderland
- Footprints in the snow & what bird is this???
- Snowy Kilby.
- Now I know why I hate Leicester!
- B W workboats across the river
- Azolla weed makes it's appearance again.
- ▼ February (31)
- ► 2011 (250)
- ► 2010 (293)