About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Sunday 8 January 2012

Busy doing nothing

At the moment nothing much is happening. As the river was in full flood yesterday we saw no boat movement but its surprising how quick the Trent goes down. This morning the depth gauge by the lock shows to be very close to the green and already two boats have made it onto the Erewash. I took Jade for one of her favourite walks across the fields. She must have some sixth sense because whereas on previous walks she just hops of the boat and trots off down the towpath, this time she hunted high and low for her ball and sat waiting to see which direction I would take.

Nearly caught it mum.
We spent a pleasant 15 minutes playing catch and Jade continued to drop the ball at my feet expecting me to throw it. She never seems to want to stop but I called a halt when I thought she might collapse through exhaustion. Then as I proceeded along the track into the next field, there laying in the grass with no one in sight, was a trolley complete with water bottles. It looked to be almost new but where the owner was is any ones guess. I'll go back later to see if its gone.If its still there I might give our local bobby a ring to see if he can solve the mystery.

As I made my way back to our boat I took this picture. It made me chuckle. Looks as if the pigeon is lording it over the sparrows.
Now my men' Lets have a bit of COOOoperation!

No comments:

Blog Archive