About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Thursday 22 December 2011

Sad News

Norma, my stepmum, died peacefully this afternoon. All she has wanted ever since Dad died is to join him. Thankfully my sister Susannah was with her right up to the end and she told me that her passing was very quick. I am so glad that Ian and I saw her a week ago and we were able to tell her how much we loved her .R I P Norma. You were a fantastic stepmum and you will be missed by all the family.

Norma and Dad


2 comments:

Jo Lodge said...

I am so sorry for your loss. You have had an incredibly difficult year. Your stepmum is now with your Dad, so they will have a wonderful Christmas together. xx

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Thanks Jo for you comment. Like you I feel very happy that they are now together again. I know Dad loved Norma very much and if any two people deserved to be together it was my Dad and Stepmum.
Have a lovely Christmas,
Xx

Blog Archive