About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Sunday 30 October 2011

This one is for Maffi !!!

 I had a comment on my last blog about black plastic bags and rubbish!!! Well Maffi as you can see the car park looks pretty good to me. So keep up the good work. In fact we should all take a leaf out of your book. Leave it to BW or the council and nothing gets done. You need to see Maffi posts to see what I mean!

One you missed???? or just not a bag big enough!!!
I found this porta potty just past the car park in Oaks Wood. Is this what they mean by an 'outside loo'.

I know the clocks went back this morning but why can't dogs tell the time!!! Jade was adamant that it was time to go out even though it was only 6 am! Once up we decided we might as well make a move. By 11 am we were starving and the thought of waiting another hour for lunch was awful. Still the best bit was the lack of boat traffic. Now that half term is over the only boats about are us hardened ( or mad  ) continues cruisers. We were aiming for a mooring point  just past Marston Junction and we found a lovely quiet spot  by 12 .30 pm. We could have travelled further but whats the point. We need to be past Stenson Lock by the 8th November because that's when the stoppage starts. As far as we are concerned that is easily achievable from this point. After all it is another week away.
Leaving Oaks Wood.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I did see that 'outside loo' but only after I had set off again on my return I decided to fetch it on the next trip north.

Blog Archive