About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Blog update and another phone call from the Police

Ian and I are back from Eastbourne. My dad died on September 29th and the funeral took place yesterday.

Dad
He had a wonderful life ( his words not mine ) and even though he had no arms his disability never held him back. R.I.P Dad. I will always miss your smile, your love and a great sense of humour. Xx  My step mum Norma is still in the hospital. The news on her condition is not good. Nothing more can be done for her so all we can do is to visit as often as we can. Tomorrow we leave Trinity Marina and will head up the Ashby toward Shackerstone. Staying in the vicinity is now a priority so we may become one of those continues cruisers who only travel short distances. Hopefully, BW will understand if we are challenged.

Just a short while ago Ian had a phone call from PC Kate Medlum. It appears the Crown Prosecution want to proceed with prosecuting our friendly con man Jason. As I was the only one to make a statement, they now want Ian to make a statement as well. I have a horrible feeling that both Ian and I may be asked to be witnesses in the case. This will probably mean another trip up to Kidderminster by car to attend the court proceedings in the near future.

While I was away I discovered a problem with my Netbook. Strange things started to happen every time I tried to open a web page. Turns out I have a particularly nasty virus on my computer. Ian is trying to sort it out for me but he feels the only thing for it is to backup all my files and then delete everything else. He talks about reinstalling Windows from scratch. ( He talked a lot of computer jargon that went straight over my head!!) Luckily I have managed to grab his Laptop while he is sorting out the rear fender so that I can write this blog. Hopefully, my next post will be back on my Netbook with everything working as it should.

2 comments:

Jo Lodge said...

Hi Irene and Ian. I am so sorry to hear your dad has died Irene. You really are going through a tough old time at the moment. Keep smiling and hopefully we will see you soon. We may well see you at some point as we are thinking of coming up the Ashby over the winter. We cannot go to Market Harborough due to the lack of water and restrictions, so plan to cruise more this winter, now we are no longer selling coal.

I am sure if you speak to BW they will completely understand. I would speak to them no sooner you start staying on the Ashby. We have always found them understanding.

You could do without having to go to court over this Jason fellow. Lets hope it does not come to that.

Love and hugs to you both xxxx

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your dad. phil and sally

Blog Archive