About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Thursday 15 September 2011

Fradley Lake

Yesterday morning I left Ian to continue work on the other solar panels and I took Jade for a walk around Fradley Lakes. The amount of times we have travelled through Fradley and have never stayed long enough, other then to use the facilities so I decided this time to explore the area. Wow. It proves you never know what is on your doorstep unless you look. I took all these pictures on my way round the lake.


Jade sitting on this giant Dragonfly


Different type of nest boxes


This is called a dipping pond. Children come with their nets to discover what wildlife is in the lake.



Wooden sculptures.


Entrance to a hide.



Great crested Grebe


and chick.
 When I arrived back Ian was well on his way to completing first of the two panels.



Our coal makes a handy table


One Frame completed.
 Later in the day a boat went passed with baskets of Cooking apples with a sign saying help yourselves. I shouted at the couple and said that I would love some if only they were moored up. So before I knew it they had pulled in at a mooring a few boat lengths from us and I trundled over to get some apples. Imagine my surprise when not only did the couple get off the boat but closly following behind was 4 huge Basset Hounds. Then I noticed the name of the boat. It was called The Basset Hound. They too are making their way to Huddlesford so we look forward to meeting them there. After dinner I took Jade for her evening constitutional. Not far from the bridge I spied some of hurricane Katia's damaging winds. Only a small branch but I had read on Waterscape of a tree down further along the Coventry. Hopefully it will have been removed before we head off to Huddelsford.

No comments:

Blog Archive