About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Friday 22 July 2011

The Woofit's playtime

I love days like this. Chilling out and meeting new boaters. Moored behind us is nb Gracie with owners Jamie, Linda and there scatty rescue Labrador Bella. We've all put the world to rights as one does and I have spent a good hour discussing the merits and tactics of fishing with Jamie   When Ian and I haven't been nattering we took the dogs to the river for a swim. Judy is always so much better swimming in the cold water. She tries to act like a puppy again and although the body appears willing, her back legs seem to have a mind of their own and more often then not ends up flat on her back!.

Judy going for a stick.


And bringing it back.

Jade after the same stick


Who's nicked that stick? 
 On our return to the boat I decided to wash the roof. Then as we hadn't polished the starboard side, Ian and I did that too. Then it rained!!!!! Not a lot and I really didn't mind seeing as the rain produced lots of lovely droplets over the polished side. A job well done!! We will leave tomorrow but I don't suppose we will go far. A lot depends on the weather and if a good mooring takes our fancy. Till then.......

No comments:

Blog Archive