About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Monday 20 June 2011

Merryhill Shopping

Merryhill Moorings
Today has been wonderfully peaceful. After yesterday's fiasco it was nice to chill out. We shopped in Asda (Sainsbury was to expensive), walked to the Police station to report yesterday's problems and found a tackle shop so that I could finally get some bait. Ian sorted out our tax returns while I settled down to some serious fishing. The moorings here are excellent with plenty of grassed areas for the Woofits. No doggie bins though . We used the litter bins on the way to Sainsbury.
Looking toward Sainsbury from the moorings. To the right is Argos and M & S. In the main shopping centre there is every shop you could possibly want and more. Definitely a shoppers paradise
The rain has arrived so I don't have to water my lettuces or chilly plant and even as I type this the downpour is drowning out the telly. ( At least it will clear some of the small glass particles still present on the roof.) We should be leaving here tomorrow but that all depends whether its still raining. We wont travel in horrible weather if we don't need to After all, our hiring days are over so no longer do we have to keep going because we had set ourselves an impossible task of getting from A to B in a week!!Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jo Lodge said...

I am sorry you have been having problems with the riff raff. Thankfully not all youths are the same.
How did you get on with the police over it?
When we got shot at going into Coventry Basin, they were excellent, but that did involve a gun. I too took photos, which we gave to the police on a disc. The more boaters report incidents the more the police will hopefully do. On the other side though, a missile was thrown at me on our way through Polesworth, which hit me on the temple and the police were called but they never appeared, so I think it depends on where you are.
I hope that your cruising from now on will be more peaceful xx

Blog Archive