About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Wednesday 4 May 2011

The Eectricity Helicopter (Thats the name on it's side)

Another fabulous day. Light winds and wall to wall sunshine and yes, we are still waiting for the call to look after our grandson Oscar when Iwona has to go into hospital for our next grandson. While we are sitting here Ian has removed one of our solar panels which he found to his horror not to be working. Unfortunately after a phone call to the manufacturer they confirmed that it couldn't be repaired. This leaves us with one panel which is pretty useless as it wont charge our 24v battery bank. So Ian is now looking on ebay to see if he can get a replacement.
I was soaking up the sun after lunch  when we heard the sound of a helicopter. It appeared  over the golf course and we thought it was a search and rescue chopper but it came nearer and nearer hovering over the power lines. That's when we realised it was taking photos of the electric cables and luckily because it remained static for a few minutes, I had time to grab the camera and get these pictures.   
 Today BW put in an appearance. We have been on this 48 hour mooring since we came off the dock on Friday. As we are not one to overstay our mooring I was very concerned that we may be made to move on. With our car here in the car park ready for the 'dash' to our sons, I wondered where we could go and still have the car near to hand. But BW were very understanding and said that as we had told them of the situation we were okay to stay as long as neccesary. Worry over. So the wait continues!!!Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Mich said...

This time last year my doberman Bula started with severe pain back legs, after much research on internet I discovered that the spice Tumeric brings down inflamation in both dogs and humans. Along with Glucosamine I have been able to wean Bula off the Metacam and twelve months later all is well, and please god may it stay that way. Bula is twelve years old. I have to say that I once did forget to buy the Tumeric from the supermarket and within 48 hours she was showing signs of pain, which seemed to go once I started her back on the Tumeric. Well worth a try good luck
Michelle

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Thanks Michelle. I'm willing to try anything to stop Judy hurting. You dont say how much Tumeric you use. If you could let me know I would be ever so grateful.

Irene

Mich said...

Hi Irene
sorry we have been away for the weekend. I use a quarter of teaspoon with her morning and evening feed, it may take a little while but really worth while perservering. The glucosamine I buy from a company called maxavita.com. Both used together have made a huge difference to my Bula.
Michelle

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Thanks Michelle,
I have been reading about the benefits of this spice on the Internet. Not only am I going to start Judy on it but, because both Ian and myself suffer with arthritis, we are going to give it a try too!

Irene

Mich said...

lol nice one. Another good one for you and Ian are Grapes ten grapes each day again helps allieviate inflamation caused by arthritis, however for humans only grapes are toxic for our canine friends
Regards Michelle

Blog Archive