About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Wednesday 9 March 2011

First Daffs and a poorly Judy

Maybe you have already seen your first open Daffodil but these were my first of the year. We had just reached the Hall Green Lock when I saw them. They certainly brightened my day especially after the worry the night before. We had moored at Vaudrey's Wharf by Biddulph Line Aqueduct on the Maccelsfield.The Staffordshire Way trail went under the aqueduct and I thought it would be a great walk for the "Woofits" in the morning. Unfortunately our plans had to change when Judy had another one of her "episodes". I am now extremely worried about her. She seemed to recover okay but I really want to know what causes her" so called faints" It happens either last thing at night or first thing in the morning. Usually she has been lying down for quite a while and I'm wondering if the sudden exertion of getting up causes the collapses. The vet has told me that her heart seems fine so what can the problem be??? When we get back to Sandiacre at the end of March I will take her to our usual vet Vets 4 Pets in Oadby Leicestershire for a full M O T!!!!

2 comments:

Jo Lodge said...

Awww I hope you find out what is causing Judy to collapse. From the way describe it sounds like when we get out of a chair to quickly and go light headed. Our pets can be such a worry when they are poorly as they are part of our families. Hope she improves, so you can both relax a little.
Happy cruising Jo x

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Thanks Jo,
Trouble is she's already off the boat when she collapses. Hopefully we will get her sorted at the end of March.

Blog Archive