About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Sunday 20 February 2011

More Debris

After a great morning on Barney Buffer and because TV, Phone and Internet was rubbish at Chedderton, we decided to leave and go back to Endon where we knew all the technology would work. I had the tiller again and as I travelled along something didn't feel quite right. I had to keep the revs on to keep us moving and even then I seemed to get slower and slower. More stuff round the prop I thought! I was wrong. All that you can see in the picture was caught on our bow. Now I know its just small twigs and branches but its amazing how much drag it caused.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Blog Archive