About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Tuesday 10 August 2010

Listing again


Aren't we having fun. Its not what we expected on a river. About 8 last night I got out of my chair and thought "this is weird, I'm all at an angle and I'm sure I haven't had that much to drink". Ian rushed outside and slackened the ropes but the water level kept going down and by 11 pm we were at an alarming angle. Going to bed was interesting as Ian kept getting squashed by me as I rolled onto him. We got up at 6 still at the same tilt and a phone call to the environment agency will be called for at 9am to ask for a bit more water over the weir please!! Not sure now if we will make Lechlade today. Might have to look at getting a taxi to the hospital instead of a bus.




If we weren't so far from the bank we could have slapped a bit of blacking on.

No comments:

Blog Archive