About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Monday 1 March 2010

The Ent!!!


Don't ask! All I know is that Ian suddenly got quite excited and pointed to the tree." Its an Ent" he exclaimed." What on earth is an Ent" says I. Well apparently you have had to have read or seen the film of The Lord of the Rings to know what it is all about. So now you know as much as me!!!
There is a bit more to this story. When Ian first pointed "The Ent" out to me, I didn't have my camera. As we were on our way to Market Harborough I said we would take a picture of it on the way back. Well imagine Ian's surprise when we couldn't find it at all. This convinced him even more that it was an Ent because these trees apparently move! It wasn't until we went back to Harborough a few weeks later that we found it again.

No comments:

Blog Archive